YCSP is very fortunate to have a large, longstanding, group of dedicated volunteers who assist in many areas including our feeding programs and transportation. Most volunteer slots are 3-4 hours once a week, with several volunteers doing double even triple duty some weeks. For more information about becoming a YCSP volunteer and partnering in our mission, please contact Joan Sylvester, our Community Relations & Volunteer Coordinator: 324-1137, ext 105 | email@example.com
Joan Sylvester, Community Relations & Volunteer Coordinator
Volunteer Opportunities include:
- Drivers- transport Alfred shelter residents to appointments and/or picking up and delivering food, meals, or commodities including household items in the wider Sanford area. Potential volunteer drivers need a current Maine license in good standing and will use YCSP vehicles
- Food Pantry, Alfred- organize and distribute, in the pantry, food to York County low income recipients. Volunteers work very closely with our Food Pantry Coordinator, Trevor!
- Bakery at Notre Dame, Alfred- wait on customers, package bakery product, and possibly even baking, if you like!
- Dining Commons, Alfred- Saturday or Sunday slots available to set up, serve and light clean up after the shelter residents' noon meal-time slot 10:30 to 1:30. Meals are prepared by food services staff and dishes are washed by shelter residents.
- Special Event volunteers, Alfred- Mama Mia Public Supper needs groups from churches, businesses or service organizations on Friday evening, June through September and Shaker Hill Apple Festival, Saturday and Sunday, September 24 & 25, needs groups or individual volunteers for that very busy weekend.
- Do you have an idea?- Did you know we had a volunteer help design our website? If you are interested in volunteering in a unique or different way that mentioned, let us know!