YCSP is very fortunate to have a large, longstanding, group of dedicated volunteers who assist in many areas including our feeding programs and transportation. Most volunteer slots are 3-4 hours once a week, with several volunteers doing double even triple duty some weeks. For more information about becoming a YCSP volunteer and partnering in our mission, please contact Joan Sylvester, our Community Relations & Volunteer Coordinator: 324-1137, ext 105 | email@example.com
Joan Sylvester, Community Relations & Volunteer Coordinator
"Joan has been with YCSP since 2001. The rapport she has built with her team of volunteers and the broader community during the last 15 years has been amazing. Joan is one of the special people who do good for the sake of doing good! I have been fortunate to work beside her and witness her warm, caring, demeanor on a daily basis. Joan has been invaluable here at YCSP and I know her volunteers hold her in the same regard!"
- Lucas Labbe, Development Coordinator
Volunteer Opportunities include:
- Drivers- transport Alfred shelter residents to appointments and/or picking up and delivering food, meals, or commodities including household items in the wider Sanford area. Potential volunteer drivers need a current Maine license in good standing and will use YCSP vehicles
- Food Pantry, Alfred- organize and distribute, in the pantry, food to York County low income recipients. Volunteers work very closely with our Food Pantry Coordinator, Trevor!
- Bakery at Notre Dame, Alfred- wait on customers, package bakery product, and possibly even baking, if you like!
- Dining Commons, Alfred- Saturday or Sunday slots available to set up, serve and light clean up after the shelter residents' noon meal-time slot 10:30 to 1:30. Meals are prepared by food services staff and dishes are washed by shelter residents.
- Special Event volunteers, Alfred- Mama Mia Public Supper needs groups from churches, businesses or service organizations on Friday evening, June through September and Shaker Hill Apple Festival, Saturday and Sunday, September 24 & 25, needs groups or individual volunteers for that very busy weekend.
- Do you have an idea?- Did you know we had a volunteer help design our website? If you are interested in volunteering in a unique or different way that mentioned, let us know!